Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy 2006!

Hola, amigos. Sorry it's been so long since we rapped at you, but we're back now!

December was busy, but not terribly exciting through most of it. My back problems were re-diagnosed as possible gallbladder problems, and then re-re-diagnosed as possible back problems. I suspect that I did in fact have a severely pulled muscle or deep bruise, since it seems to have finally healed almost completely over the last week or so despite my less-than-healthy holiday diet (which would probably not be the case if it was a gallbladder problem).

So I spent more time this past month than I would have liked at the doctor, and the rest of the time frantically trying to get the Christmas shopping done. We did get it all done, with time to spare, thanks to the beautiful, beautiful internet.

We were able to go and visit both families again this Christmas. We first headed to Tulsa to spend some time with Randy's family. We had a great time hanging out with everyone, and were very pleased to meet Joy's fiancé, Cory. He's a funny, wonderful guy, and they're obviously very much in love. We approve!

After a few days, we drove up to Wichita to see my family as well, and again spent most of our time hanging out and playing games. While we were in Wichita, we celebrated our fourth anniversary. It fell on the same day as OU's bowl game. OU won, sealing the victory with a late interception, which was a nice gift. (Sorry we were so, um, exuberant with our cheering, Mom. We didn't mean to wake you!)

We're glad to be back home now, although I wish we could have stayed longer. We had a wonderful time with both families. Coming soon: a selection of our 100 memories from this trip. I'm sure you can't wait!

May you all have a happy 2006!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Happy Anniversary! Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!

Well, I think that catches me up.