Monday, December 28, 2009

Catching Up, Part 2: Abby and Matt got married!

In November, Abby and Matt got married!


The wedding was held at the VA Chapel in Leavenworth, and everything went really well. Abby and Matt both looked great, and were very happy.

We were a pretty good-looking wedding party, if I do say so myself.

I had kind of forgotten how much work weddings are when you are not the one getting married. Not that it's not a lot of work to be the bride (or groom), but no one expects the bride to pin corsages on the groomsmen, make sure the ushers are in place, or track down her own safety pin a few minutes before the ceremony begins. Not that I'm complaining - please note that Abby did all these things (and more!) for me at my wedding, too.

The reception was a lot of fun, with very tasty food.


Now that Abby and I are both married to sons of preacher men, you can probably guess which song it is that we're dancing to here.


After the wedding, Abby and Matt headed off for a Caribbean cruise, and Randy and I headed down to Wichita to spend Thanksgiving with my parents and grandparents. We had a nice, low-key time, which I think we all appreciated after the wedding. We didn't do all that much while we were there, although Randy and I ventured into Hutchinson at one point. Since we're not all that familiar with the area, my grandpa let us take the bossy lady along for the drive. She didn't let us down, and we navigated there and back with ease.

We both had a good time hanging out with all the relatives and Matt and Abby's friends, but I think we were both very glad to be home, too. We've done much more traveling than usual this year, which of course means we've run into more travel problems than usual this year.

Unfortunately, our pleasure at being home and being done with traveling would turn out to be short-lived...(cue ominous music!) Tune in tomorrow for part 3 of Catching Up!

No comments: