Friday, April 22, 2005

Pizza Night

So my first week at work is in the books, and it went quite well. All of my co-workers are very friendly and helpful, and they've kept me busy with plenty of things to do. By the end of my first day, I had a bug report assigned to me and I had started tracking it down (I found it and fixed it the next morning). There's a huge amount of stuff that I have to learn, but that's actually a good thing. After just one week, I can say that this job is already a lot more interesting than my old one.

When I got home from work this evening I discovered that Wendy had made sugar cookies with chocolate frosting to celebrate the completion of my first week at work. They are quite tasty. For dinner we made our own pizzas, and they also turned out to be very good.

The weather turned a bit gloomy today, with cloudy skies and rain (and a chance of snow tonight). After spending 3 years in sunny Colorado, this kind of weather is a refreshing change. Wendy saw recently that Miami, FL gets 236 days of sunshine a year. That's nothing -- Boulder, CO gets 300 days of sunshine each year. After a quick check on google, we also discovered that Boulder gets more sunshine than San Diego!

Finally, we haven't forgotten about posting photos of our place now that we're unpacked. We'll try to get some up this weekend.

Cheers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Over 100 pizza places in McHenry county and you made your own pizza??

Wendy said...

Well, it's more fun to make our own!

Anonymous said...

Jason White up-date: White was invited to the KC Chiefs rookie camp starting this week-end. Hope he does well. Ole Dad

Anonymous said...

That's good. We watched some of the NFL draft last weekend and noticed that no one took him. I hope he can impress some people and get a shot at the NFL.

Whichever quarterback wins the starting job at OU will have a tough time following White. I remember Hybl having a very tough time after Josh Heupel.