Monday, July 18, 2005

A Cauldron Full of Hot, Strong Love

Wow, the new Harry Potter book is good! I really loved it - it's dark, and funny, and very intriguing. There's only one book left, and it seems like the series should really be winding down, but it feels like we're still being given lots of new information and that the world, and Harry's future, is actually opening up rather than shutting down.

Also, I don't want to give anything away, because I know that not everyone may have had the chance to read it yet, but I think the ending is a lot less straightforward than Harry thinks it is. In fact, I have very strong thoughts on the matter, and if you ask, I will tell you all about it, probably in more detail than you ever dreamed you wanted. And if you haven't read it yet, go! Get reading! It's worth it!

P.S. Many congratulations to Joy and Cory on your engagement! We wish you every happiness together!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wholeheartedly second your thoughts about Harry Potter. And once I finish my summer class, we need to enjoy a long, detailed discussion on it.

Wendy said...

That would rock - good luck with your class!

Anonymous said...

Wendy,
I'm a big HP fan and would love to hear your detailed thoughts on the latest installment. If you don't want to talk about it on the blog, so as not to ruin it for anyone, I know Randy has my e-mail address. I look forward to hearing your ideas!