Sunday, March 27, 2005

A tribe of superior men

Hello everyone!

So, Randy and I will be moving to Illinois in about a week. We decided that now would be a good time to start a blog where we can keep everyone up to date about what we're up to in the Land of Lincoln. (Side note: You may or may not be interested to learn that Illinois translates from Native American as "tribe of superior men." I was interested, but then I'm a dork.)

Randy has a new job with Follett Library Resources as a web application programmer. (Follett provides services, software, and books to K-12 school libraries.) I'm not quite sure what I'll be doing, but I think I may give professional writing a try.

We spent this past Thursday, Friday and Saturday up in McHenry looking for a new place to live. We found a townhouse that seems really great - it's comparable to our apartment now, but it has a two-car garage as well. Goodbye, ice scraping on winter mornings! I met Randy's new boss, who gave us a tour of Follett and went out to dinner with us, along with his wife and their daughter, and another of Randy's new co-workers and his wife. Everyone was very friendly, and I have a good feeling about Follett and Illinois in general.

Feel free to leave us comments or questions - we aim to please!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't the tribes in Illinois include superior women, too? I'm sure your move to Illinois will add the the general superior-ness of both the male AND female population of the area. Happy packing!

Anonymous said...

I think the blog is a great idea. This way we can keep up to date on your activities.

We'll see if the illnoisians or Illni, if you prefer, show their superiority in the NCAA BB tournament.

GP & GM

Anonymous said...

Hey Wendy, Your Blog looks really nice. I'll have to show it to Jay tonight. Good Luck with the moving.

Anonymous said...

Hey, guys, this is cool!

I am with Beth--What about the superior women?

Mom