Saturday, October 22, 2005

I would like to apologize...

OU 37, Baylor 30 (2 overtimes)

I'm afraid I jinxed OU. Earlier today, when the Michigan - Iowa game went into overtime, the announcers pointed out that it was the first overtime game played at Iowa's stadium. I turned to Wendy and said "You know, I don't think OU has played an overtime game under Bob Stoops." So, of course, Baylor (of all teams) took us to two overtimes. Thankfully we still pulled it out.

To their credit, Baylor is a much-improved team this year, and I'll be rooting for them to become bowl eligible. I'm just glad they didn't do it against us.

After a quick check of the statistics, this is indeed Bob Stoops' first overtime game at OU. OU's last overtime was a win over Texas in 1996.

2 comments:

technic said...

damn, watch the jink. i'm from unm. i said, dave bliss is a great coach. next thing i know, i quits and goes to baylor, one player killed another, and bliss tried to cover it up.

lesson learned. watch out for baylor

george said...

At least you didn't say: "Well, OU has never lost an overtime game before."