Saturday, April 30, 2005

We Service Society By Rocking (And Yes, We Like Those Pants)

Today was a pretty productive day. We got car and renter's insurance for Illinois, browsed the Grayslake Library (it's very nice), returned a defective curtain rod and got a working one, bought some pictures for our bedroom and then framed and hung them, did some birthday shopping for...um, never mind...and watched School of Rock. It rocked. Seriously.

Oh, and I totally forgot about Kohl's. We went to the one in Crystal Lake to find some pants and a belt for Randy. While we were browsing through the pants, we saw some school-age guys also looking for some pants, and I noticed one was holding a video camera.

When Randy went in to try the pants on, we saw the guys again. They were filming what I can only hope was a video for their Spanish class. One guy went into the dressing room, changed pants, and then came out and said, "¿Te gusta los pantalones?" which I originally (and mistakenly) translated for Randy as, "Do you like my panties?" Oops. That's an entirely different kind of video. So yes. Hopefully for their Spanish class.

They got through about a scene and a half before someone noticed and kicked them out. Apparently Kohl's frowns on cameras in the dressing room. Which I find reassuring.

Abby's coming to visit us on Wednesday! We're really looking forward to seeing her. We don't really have any plans yet, but hopefully we'll spend some time down in Chicago sightseeing. I'd like to ride the Metra and go up to the top of the Sears Tower, although Randy is slightly apprehensive about the height. We also got a coupon for a free train ride at the zoo today from our gas company, so maybe that would be fun. Any thoughts, Abba? (Or suggestions from anyone else?)

Love to all!

P.S. to Abby: Die Hose gefaellt mir. Was kostet die Hose?

4 comments:

Randy said...

I would like to add that I'm so glad Wendy knows some Spanish, otherwise I would've had no idea what they were saying.

A group of teenage guys with a video camera in a dressing room, speaking Spanish. I would certainly have feared the worst.

Anonymous said...

Die Hose gefällt mir auch. I totally learned pantelones from some Italian guys in München, please some decency (panties...(although, hee!)). But, um, yeah, Sears Tower with the tallness and sightseeing and going about. Whatever really. I shall ask my friends what we should do, they went to Chicago on a band trip and they all liked it a lot. Ich freue mich auf meine Reise!

Anonymous said...

I don't remember seeing a train in Lincoln Park, but it is quite a nice place to go.

We need to arrange a visit. :)

Wendy said...

I think the coupon is for the Brookfield Zoo rather than Lincoln Park.

We definitely do need to schedule a visit!