Wednesday, June 22, 2005

We're (Almost!) Famous

We're in the paper today! Yesterday, a columnist from the paper called and interviewed me as well, so there's the original article about newcomers to McHenry County as well as a column about blogs. You can read them online here and here. Let us know if you want a clipping and we'll mail you a hard copy.

Also, my interview was yesterday. I think it went pretty well, but it's hard to tell sometimes. I've thought other interviews that didn't get me the job went well, too. The only one I was ever sure about was the interview at Naropa - I remember being almost certain that I had the job after I left the interview. (Luckily, I was right!) I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You are so famous now. Two articles, in the same paper, on the same day. The names Wendy and Randy will be on everyone's lips!

Anonymous said...

Randy and Wendy, do you find it hard to meet people your age in McHenry County? I feel like all the mid-late 20s are gone. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous said...

Hi. I was reading the paper today and saw your blog. I'm the Icelander they also interviewed. I think it's an OK article and we can be proud of ourselves! I'm now in Iceland where it's nearly 2am but the sun is still out so it's light out-I love it:) You can check my blog out if you like eventhough it's in Icelandic...
www.blog.central.is/swaney
Take care, Swany

Randy said...

@anonymous: We haven't had much chance to meet anyone outside of work yet since we've only been here about 2 months. There are some younger people in our neighborhood, though. Do you know of any good places to meet people around here?

@Swany: Thanks for the link! We checked out your blog, but, alas, we don't speak Icelandic. The past few nights we've been amazed that it's still light at 9pm here; I can't imagine what it must be like for it to still be sunny at 2am!

Austin said...

Hope you don't mind, but I only read the parts of the articles devoted to you.

Anonymous said...

Sorry it took me some time to write again Randy, but no. McHenry County doesn't seem to have anything for people in their 20s. Kind of a bummer.