Saturday, September 03, 2005

Argh!

I completely forgot about Terry Bowden. He means well, and he tries hard, and he gets excited about college football, but he's just not that great of an announcer. However, in today's loss to TCU, he had the quote of the day. Late in the game, OU's quarterback made a bad throw to a wide open receiver, who still had a chance to catch the ball, but dropped it. Bowden promptly said:

"Folks, that's rebuilding, not reloading."

And that, in a nutshell, sums up the game.

4 comments:

george said...

AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I want to cry.

Austin said...

Whatever happend to that guy who used to say "Jiminy Christmas"?

george said...

That was John "Disco" Brooks. He got fired so they could bring in Bob Barry, whom I loathe. Brooks called TU games for a few years, then went on to OKC Blazers hockey. I think he's retired now.

Anonymous said...

Randy:
Right on!!!! I also think that the recruiter's might have overestimated the talent.
Ole Dad