Tuesday, August 30, 2005

50,112!

I have over 50,000 words on my novel! It's nice, of course, but it honestly feels a little anti-climactic - probably because my story isn't finished yet. I guessed before I started that it would end up being about 75,000 words, and I still think somewhere around there is correct. It's anyone's guess what the length will be once I'm done editing, though.

I think my interview yesterday went well, and I have my fingers crossed that they want to hire me. They're planning to make a decision within two weeks, so we'll see...

4 comments:

Austin said...

Way to go, Wendy!!!

george said...

Woohoo!!! Congrats on meeting the goal, and kudos for going the extra distance. I might have gotten there first, but I have a good feeling you'll be kicking my butt in terms of quality and quantity.

Wendy said...

While I think my book will definitely end up being longer than yours (at least in first draft), I don't think we need to get all crazy with assumptions about quality. Mine is going to need a lot of editing still. A lot.

george said...

I have a computer elder in The Wendy City who's evolved from an Apple G7.

His name? "The Mac Daddy."